The First Siege of Gibraltar was a battle of the Spanish Reconquista that took place in 1309. The battle pitted the forces of the Kingdom of Castile (mostly those from the military councils of the city of Seville) under the command of Juan Núñez II de Lara and Alonso Pérez de Guzmán, against the forces of the Emirate of Granada who were under the command of Sultan Muhammed III and his brother, Abu’l-Juyush Nasr.
- Who Really Owns Gibralter – Judge For Yourself! (acenewsservices.com)
- The Rock On Which I Stand (losingsightofthemargin.wordpress.com)
- Spain-Britain ties rocked by flap over Gibraltar (kansascity.com)
- The Gibraltar Controversy (floroy1942.wordpress.com)
- Madness of the Gibraltar Situation (gingerblokeblog.wordpress.com)